Thursday, June 30, 2011
Software Recommendations - Messaging
Now that we have covered how to protect your computer, how to improve your computer, and how to improve you; I am going to cover how to connect yourself to others through the use of the internet. There are many ways to communicate with people over the internet, mainly through email or the use of websites, but the fastest and most fun way to communicate is through messaging. Messaging has developed a lot throughout time, starting with just sending text only chat messages, to adding faces to the messages, to adding pictures, to now being able to stream live video feed. Therefore, I am going to give a list of free messaging programs that I would like to show you. The first free program that I would recommend is called Skype. It’s a simple and fast program that allows you to make calls anywhere in the world. You just have to download, register, plug in your headset, and call anyone on Skype. It also allows you to call people through their phone service, so you can call your friends instead of using your cell phone. Rates are charged for that though. Another free program that I would recommend is Yahoo messenger. This is another free program that a lot of people use to communicate through. Yahoo is also similar to AOL’s Instant Messenger, which both use to be popular a few years ago. Now a day, the main way of communication is through Skype or chatting with friends through Facebook’s chat service.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment