Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Information for buying an affordable gaming computer, break down of Ibuypower


If you enjoy playing multiple video games that require high intense graphics, then you are probably considered to be a “gamer”. Gamers have to have a strong power house computer in order to play their games efficiently. Therefore, I am going to compare a few big time gaming computers that are created from different companies, such as ibuypower and alienware. Also, I’m going to try and keep my price range under $750. In later blog posts, I will attempt to create power house computers with no limit on the money cap. The computer that I chose to break down from ibuypower is the gamer mage, which starts at $659. I am going to use what the standard is, because they offer so much extra stuff they offer for your computer, that you could easily raise the price over $1000. Well first off, you can view the computer by clicking here. The gamer mage comes standard with AMD Phenom II quad core processor, 4 GB DDR3 of RAM, AMD Radeon 6770 video card, 600 watt power supply, a 1 TB harddrive, and a  DVD drive. All of these items are put together to create the standard gamer mage, but you can easily toss in a few upgrades to still meet the minimum amount of $750. The only upgrades I would purchase to make this more of a gaming computer would be for the processor and/or RAM. The reason I don’t choose an upgrade for the video card is because that video card can already max out the majority of games today, and spending the extra amount of money on a more powerful video card would be pointless.

No comments:

Post a Comment