Monday, June 20, 2011

Information for a Home Computer, Inspiron 620 and my opinion

After the comparison of those two, we have one more left to compare. Note that this model, the Inspiron 620, is $200 more than the other models that were being compared. So let’s get started, the Inspiron 620 comes with a single core, Intel 3.10 Ghz processor, 4GB of RAM, 500GB harddrive, Integrated Intel HD graphics card (this gives the computer the High Definition ability with the graphics card, which is better than the Inspiron 560 and Inspiron 570), and of course the Windows 7 64-bit operating system. Note that the $200 worth of improvements was just an increase in Intel’s single core processing speed by .9 Ghz, and 2 more GB of RAM. I can tell you right now that you can spend $150 and get a quad core 3.2 Ghz processor on new egg, and 4 GB of RAM for under $50, which would greatly improve the computer. If you refer back to my previous blog, you can see the comparisons of the other two models. Now, if I was looking for a new home computer for myself, I would probably purchase the Inspiron 570, because some people say that Intel has higher quality, but I personally own an AMD processor…and I absolutely love it. Plus the processing speed improvement will help run programs faster. Along with the purchase of the Inspiron 570, I would also include a $40 purchase of RAM that I found on new egg (click here to see it), which would be compatible with the motherboard. Usually Dell computers leave extra RAM slots open, for upgrades that you can put in. 6 GB of RAM would be a good amount to have, since RAM seems to be the problem for the slowing down of most computers. In total, you could buy the desktop tower by its self for just around $300, including the purchase of 4 extra GB of RAM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment