Sunday, June 19, 2011

How to connect everything together once it arrives!

Well after covering how to figure out compatibility, you would then proceed to order the correct parts. Once they arrive, you will probably be confused as to connect all of it together. Don’t worry, when I first did this, I was extremely confused…but it’s quite simple. With your motherboard, comes an instruction manual that does an extremely good job at explaining what slots are for what. You really want to follow the instruction manual, but I’ll give a general explanation. First off, you’ll want to screw the motherboard into your case, and make sure you use every screw hole that lines up with the motherboard. After that, basically what you’ll end up doing is connecting the power supply to power the motherboard. Along with powering the motherboard, the power supply will also power the CD drive and hard drive. Then you will have to connect the power, reset, and led lights to the motherboard as well. Along with that, you will have to connect the hard drive to the motherboard, and the CD drive to the motherboard. The hardest part and the most expensive mistake you can make is when you install the processor onto the motherboard. This is extremely hard because it has a bunch of different pins that have to line up with each other in order for it to line up. Make sure you have the pins lined up in the correct fashion, and then the processor should just snap onto the motherboard. The last thing that you would install is the video card and sticks of RAM, which just slides down into the proper slots. I have my own website that I post how to do a lot of things on. You can view it by going to: http://ireadpower.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment