So after reviewing the prices for a simple computer, I’m going to build one from scratch, and compare the prices of building one to the Inspiron series. Unfortunately, I am not a company, so I don’t get any good deals with buying mass product of Windows 7 64-bit…so I have to pay the hefty price of $100 for the operating system. The total of my computer system comes out to be just over $300.00. Therefore, if you subtract the operating system, the hardware only costs about $200. If you’re an inexperienced user, and don’t quite understand exactly how to protect your computer from viruses, and could cause damage to their computer that isn’t fixable, then I would suggest that you order from Dell because of the warranty. The only thing that sucks about building a computer is that there is no warranty on it. Anyways, I will now give the specs of what I chose for the home computer. I matched all the power of the same computer that I recommended in my previous post. I used the AMD Sempron 140 Sargeras 2.7 Ghz processor, 2 gigs 240-pin DDR3 memory, 500 GB harddrive, an ATX mid tower case with a 250 W power supply, a regular DVD burner, windows 7 64-bit operating system, and a ZOTAC motherboard with Geforce 6100 integrated video. Personally, I would prefer to purchase this type of computer from Dell, because of the warranty. Building this was cool to look at, you can see all the parts and how they’re broken down according to cost. Most expensive part was the operating system at $100, and the second most expensive part was the motherboard, at $45.
No comments:
Post a Comment