Thursday, June 30, 2011

Software Recommendations - Ergonomics

Throughout my last few posts, I have made recommendations of different types of software, whether it cost money or free to download. I am now going to give some recommendations on software that improves you, and not your computer. How can software improve you? Well there is something called Ergonomics, which is how you sit in front of your computer. These ergonomic programs are designed to help reduce eye strain, magnify things, and reduce carpel tunnel syndrome. The first program that I think everyone should use, is called EyeCare Reminder. This program is really simple, because all it does it reminds you to take a break from using your computer. This is an extremely simple and free program, but it’s a great idea to use it because a lot of strain is done to your eyes from viewing a computer screen all day. Another program that I would recommend is Zoom, which is a free magnifier tool. It’s another simple program that you can download to magnify anything that would cause harm to your eyes. Another program, that I thought was interesting, was called GYM-O-FIZZ. This program is designed for people who are stuck in an office all day. It basically gives you many different ideas on how to do fitness in your office. It will actually remind you when to do fitness after being in front of a computer for so long. It’s just a bunch of short exercises that take a minute, but you do them so much throughout the day that you get 10-30 minutes of exercise a day through this free program. After improving you, I will return to programs to improve your desktop computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment