Thursday, June 23, 2011

Information for building an affordable gaming computer, built by me.

So I am going to give a bunch of links in this post to different parts of a computer that I am going to build. I am building this computer specifically for gaming purposes at an affordable price. Everything that I link will be directed to a page on Newegg. Here is what I think:
Processor: Intel i5 - 3.1 Ghz (3.4 Ghz Turbo Boost) Quad-Core Desktop processor
RAM: 4 GB (2 x 2GB) RAM DDR3 1600
Hard Drive: 500 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Motherboard: Intel Micro ATX Motherboard
DVD Drive: DVD Burner Sata Model
Video Card: GeForce GTX 550 2GB 192-bit PCI Express
Case: Antec Steel ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: 650 W Power Supply from Antec
Operating System: Windows 7 Home 64-bit

Okay, now I will break down and explain why I got each part. First off, the processor basically matches the one put in the Alienware computer from a previous post. This processor is a beast, because it has a quad core 3.4 Ghz turbo boosted Intel processor in it. It will be able to keep up with any of the current games and most of the future games for the next few years. The RAM was just a standard 4 gigs, which is plenty for any video game. Also, I chose the 500 GB hard drive, because any more than that is just excessive. I matched the motherboard, got a general DVD drive, a general case, and the Windows 7 64-bit operating system. The case and power supply manufacturer is Antec though, and I know they have a good reputation for computer cases and power supplies. The video card is a really strong video card for a good price as well. As you can see, this is a pretty powerful computer, and the total cost of this was at $741.87.

No comments:

Post a Comment