Friday, July 1, 2011
Software Recommendations - Word Processing/Microsoft Office Alternative
Since we have reviewed different types of programs on how to protect your computer, how to make it faster, and how to communicate with others on the internet; I think it’s time to go over a few programs where you can create certain word documents. Basically, if you don’t have Microsoft Office, or you don’t want to purchase it, then you can use some of these programs that are absolutely free to use and download. If you wanted to spend any amount of money on a program to create word documents or make spreadsheets, then I would highly recommend buying Microsoft Office. It’s a great program, and you will use it for a really long time. Anyways, here are some free programs that are somewhat like Microsoft Office. The first program, and most popular, that I would recommend is OpenOffice. You can download it at www.OpenOffice.org, note that it’s a .org website, so it’s non-profit. OpenOffice is a free open-soruce software program that is the free alternative to Microsoft Office. Another free program that I have used in the past and would recommend is called AbiWord. You can easily use Google to find it, but I downloaded mine through www.MajorGeeks.com. AbiWord is basically just Microsoft Word, and not the complete office set, but that’s just another suggestion I would recommend. If you want to get the whole Microsoft Office alternative package, then I would suggest going with OpenOffice because that comes with the ability to make presentations, excel spreadsheets, and reports/papers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment