So, I was reading through some google articles on what else to blog, and I came across this article titled “10 things you should know about building a computer from scratch”. You can view the article by clicking here. I am just going to go over his 10 points, but add my own opinion on it. My previous post, can relate on how this all fits together. You should read the previous post first, before continuing on.
1. Select the mobo carefully – I cannot agree more with him. There are so many requirements between all the parts, that you must make sure everything is compatible.
2. Review CPU options – Make sure you get a processor that is going to last awhile, since once you buy that, it’s basically bound to your motherboard.
3. Don’t skimp on the PC case – I tend to do this a lot, because they can be expensive if you look through. I always prefer Raidmax cases; they have always worked for me.
4. Power up – I think anything over 500W will do any computer good, especially gaming computers.
5. Check the RAM – I personally think that 4 GB of RAM is enough right now, but it never hurts to get more.
6. Choose the right disk format – Remember to notice what type of SATA or IDE hard disk it is, and double check it with your motherboard.
7. Consider video requirements – If you’re a gamer, spend a little extra on one to enhance your gaming experience, otherwise I would just use the integrated graphics that come with the motherboard, to save some money.
8. Secure everything – Make sure every connection is secure, you don’t want to blow any of your expensive parts.
9. Buy a burner –You can burn so much with a good DVD burner. I would recommend one, otherwise you’re going to have trouble booting up your operating system.
10. Cool is good; heat is bad – Purchase a few extra fans if your case has bad reviews on cooling. There are temperature utilities you can download for free under the Utilities section in my pillar article.
No comments:
Post a Comment