After trying to make computers at affordable prices, I am going to make a computer with a no price limit. This is simple, I am going to go to Newegg, and create the most expensive power hungry computer that I can possibly create, and post about it on here. Note, that technology is always changing, so as of this date, this is the most expensive power hungry computer I can create, meaning that if you view this tomorrow, it probably won’t be. So, here is the list of parts that I would choose:
Processor: Intel core i7-990X 3.46 GHz six-core desktop processor, $1000.
RAM: Ripjaw Series 24GB 240-Pin DDR3, $600.
Video card: PowerColor LCS 4GB Radeon HD 6990 4GB 256-bit w/ liquid cooling, $900.
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage Black Edition ATX Intel Motherboard, $560.
Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200W, $450.
Case: Zalmen Extreme Hybrid ATX Mid Tower Case, $800.
DVD Drive: DVD Burner 8X Black SATA Model, $150.
Hard Drive: Western Digital 1 TB SATA 3.0Gb/s, $1300.
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 64-bit Operating System, $100.
The total cost of this computer with shipping, tax, and rebates included, ended up being $5,944.91. This computer is honestly a beast, but it’s not worth the price, considering in a year from now, this same computer could probably be built under $1,000. Note that the total cost of this computer could have been a lot higher, if I went with a 3 TB internal hard drive that had a cost of just under $7,000.
No comments:
Post a Comment